Controlling moisture is an imperative step in eliminating damage from insects and pests in your home. Specialists at Crown Pest Control can analyze and identify the exact cause of moisture in your foundation and make adequate recommendations and repairs that are required to keep your home moisture-free. Depending on the problem in your foundation, we offer a slew of moisture control and barrier services. Below are some of them
- Installation of moisture barrier in crawlspaces causes soil moisture to condense on the underside of the barrier and return to the soil, thus reducing condensation on flooring.
- Foundation ventilation to preserve your home’s wood foundation and sub flooring. Foundation vents are an effective way to allow air to circulate throughout a basement or crawlspace, thereby preventing moisture from building up.
- A good-quality dehumidifier with a constant air flow to replace humid air with low humidity air.
- Vapor barrier in crawlspaces to reduce moisture and gases entering from evaporation and diffusion through floors, foundations or poured walls.
- Application of Borates, an odorless liquid, to all exposed wood in the crawl spaces to prevent future wood-decay fungal growth.
It’s true – an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. That is especially true when it comes to protecting your home. Besides keeping the bugs out, we can prevent the moisture as well.
Feel free to contact Crown Pest Control to add another layer of protection to your property and let us show you how we can help.